Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Gots to do it.




Taking on a new perspective around here which has been requiring a lot of hope, courage, and prayer. Maybe I'm not the first one to say something along these lines....preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best? Either way, all that thinking can become pretty draining. Anyway- I have exactly 32 minutes to write this post before I'm off for preschool pick-up, but I think it will be a good 32 (make that 31) minutes for me to spend today.

Saw the movie The Hundred-Foot Journey {by myself I might add!} last night and L-O-V-E-D it. I'm kinda picky when it comes to movies (I don't like wasting my time) and this one hit the nail on the head in all areas of dramatic, funny, inspirational, and even a bit romantic. Definite must see.

Wearing these Hunter boots. All the time. Yes, they are pricey but the perfect way for me to transition from my ever-so-comfy-and-slip-on-ever-so-quickly flip-flops. Here's the look I love:


Eating this snack: Apple slices + peanut butter + granola on top. Yum! for all ages.

Loving Boscia skincare. Now that I'm no longer nursing (note this because of the salicylic acid it contains), I recently started using the Clear Complexion cleanser, toner, and treatment and am sooooo happy to report that it's not too drying or harsh and is leaving me with fantastic results! All of their products are preservative free and botanically based which I think is really important when it comes to the face. 

While on the beauty front, I want to share that I finally started using a wrinkle/aging cream! Ahhhh! No, really it's all good. I know at 33 I'm actually late on this but as I've mentioned before, I'm really cautious about what I use while either pregnant or nursing (aka my life during the past 5 years). To find the kind I'm using, I did some research and after hearing so many rave reviews about the affordably priced Boots brand (made in London), I purchased the Protect & Perfect Intense night cream and I can't get enough of it! It goes on so smooth and silky and I can really tell a difference in the morning. Hurry, it's on sale now at Ulta!

Is it just me, or are there a lot of good songs on the radio right now? Here's a list of a few I've really been enjoying....


Finally found adorable little girl shoes! Shopping for cute and well-made kids shoes in Logan is soooo hard, no? Here's a couple we've been liking a lot...I promise that they're both CUTE and COMFORTABLE. ;)


Cientas- they even are made to be scented with strawberries, no joke!


Riley Boot, Red
Riley boot by Wee Squeak- you can easily take the squeaker out, or leave in and laugh your heart out!



And last, I found this article on blogging kinda interesting.


K, I made it with 4 minutes to spare....off I go!



p.s. future posts I hope to do...fun and easy fall garland, story of our first home purchase, pics of our updated guest bath, boys room, and Elyse's room. Not sure when I'll have the time for these, just someday...someday, I say! :O



No comments:

Post a Comment