Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Complexities


I love this above cartoon by Cathy Thorne. While joyous and satisfying- parenting is round the clock hard work! Instead of me going on a rant of what a typical day-in-the-life here is like, I'll just say that I can very much relate with the above image as I try to do the BEST job that I can- challenges and all. Never did I know this role as a mother would require so much patience, understanding, and preparedness from me EVERY DAY, but I do see how it's possible for me to navigate our family of 5 people (5 very different people I might add) through the complexities of every day life and still come out alright. My secret? Lots of forgiveness and early bedtimes (easier said than done, I know! :O).

Today I am reminding myself that I am capable. Like everyone, I make mistakes and that's okay. I know that most of the times I keep a positive attitude, am tuned into what brings me joy (as well as what I need to cut out), and consider myself very present in the lives of people who matter to me. While questions about myself have arose in my head after having children, my children have also brought out a perseverance and dedication in myself that I never knew existed. I am propelled to keep going because I know that right now there's nothing more important than raising these 3 young souls....and a trying mama too.



No comments:

Post a Comment