Thursday, September 3, 2015

Now He Is Six

Just had to share this perfect little poem today  ~ our oldest child Benjamin is now six, a proud kindergartner, wearing his first pair of lace-up shoes, and learning buckets and buckets by the day! We wouldn't want it any other way but some days I like to flip back through the years and remember him when he was younger. Regardless of his age, he's always reminded me to stop and discover something ~ a caterpillar on the trail, a cool new gadget that he's created, or a funny joke that he's learned. What wonderful years we've shared from one-to-two-to-three-to-four-to-five-to-six!


"Now We Are Six"

When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
 Author: A.A. Milne








No comments:

Post a Comment